Whirlpool washing machines are among the most popular in the United States. They’re popular in the UK as well, but generally they have a bit more competition here.
This short Whirlpool review will discuss the strengths and weaknesses of their washing machines. The first thing to do though is to talk about the company as a whole.
As you may know, Whirlpool primary creates consumer appliances. They make washing machines, microwaves, ovens, coffee makers, refrigerators and more. They’re always trying out new designs and technology to make sure they stay ahead of the game.
Another thing is that because they don’t diversify as much as some other electronic companies, they do have a few advantages over their competition.
Let’s go over those advantages next.
- Whirlpool washing machines are made to last. Most last over 7 years, and some can last up to 15 or 20 years. Of course some people might get lemons, but for the most part these units are extremely reliable.
- Most of these machines are top loading. These are generally better for a few reasons. For one thing, top loaders require less floor space than a front loader. Another advantage is that you won’t have the mold and mildew problems that front loading machines can have. Finally, clothes tend to be less creased when they come out of a top loader washing machine.
- Whirlpool washing machines tend to be pretty quiet. They aren’t always the quietest on the market, but you definitely won’t be buying a loud machine with this brand.
- These units are a good price for what they’re able to do. Some washing machines, especially name-brand ones, are priced higher just because of the name. Whirlpool models are priced right.
- Do you like having choices? Whirlpool washing machines give you multiple programmes to choose from. Whether you’re washing sportswear or you’re doing an environmentally-friendly wash, there’s a program for you.
From what we’ve seen, those are the best things about Whirlpool washers. Now let’s take a look at the downsides.
- Some customers had problems with Whirlpools customer service. They said that they had to call an engineer out multiple times to fix problems, and each time it wouldn’t have an available time for 2-3 weeks! That’s a long time to go without a washing machine.
- Another problem was that some customers’ machines broke regularly. It wasn’t necessarily always the same component, but it doesn’t matter. If the machine is breaking regularly AND you’re having trouble getting an engineer to come help, that gets frustrating.
- Do you like being told when the laundry’s done? Some machines have that feature, such as a buzz or tune that plays when the load is done. Unfortunately not all Whirlpool models have that, so you have to keep checking on it to see if it’s done or not.
Overall, this Whirlpool review does recommend these machines. Most customers seem very satisfied with their machine, even though some customers do have bad experiences. Keep in mind that this will happen with all brands, because no person or company can be perfect.